15 January 2009

Patrick McGoohan


Patrick McGoohan - Prisoner Number 6 - is dead at 80. I remember when TV was first introduced to NZ friends up the road had it and my brother would go and watch.

 I had little interest in watching, as most of it seemed to be rubbish - probably still is.  The only program I can remember that seemed even half decent was Danger Man, starring Patrick McGoohan. It seemed the only thing with a bit of intelligence. 

Figures out this week show our TV viewing is rising. Defeats me as I know I watch less now due to the Internet. Sport and News. Nothing else on Free To Air. I always tape the films on Sky - I say tape but they are mostly on the Hard Drive Recorder - then if they are rubbish I delete them. It is odd but I can usually tell within 10-15 minutes if a film is worth watching.