26 January 2009

Obama and a NZ Tragedy

Interesting quote which shows he is at least not of the radical right like his predecessor. Although I don't think Bush is really of that persuasion - I think it was a persona he took that he and his advisers thought would win him votes. 

Police Tragedy - What a terrible outcome; the 17 year old accidently shot by Police while again they were trying to protect us from the scum of the country. I wonder what the outcome would have been if Tazers had been available.  Probably not a lot different as I think they would have been too far away to use them.  Still I favour their introduction as soon as possble. 

They may kill from time to time but not as often as a bullet. 

In light of the outcome there will be no questioning of the young man that he was 17, already had a 2 year old child (does that mean it was sex at 14??) and had another two on the way. Plus his mother, who already has a 21 year old, is due any day now which will be her 9th.  I don't know why some prefer quantity over quality.

However, I don't really care if I'm not paying (monetarily and socially). At least this family appear to be a very hard working lot, and we are not paying.