14 January 2008

BBQ and other matters

Went to our usual beginning of the new year Rotary BBQ. Weather of course was hot and sunny. A very pleasant evening out especially when you don't have to cook or wash up. Washing up brings me to a very mundane matter. Our dishwasher packed up last night. Oh no !! We have to wash up by hand for a couple of days.

Cricket was a farce - playing Bangladesh is almost like N Z playing Australia.


I see my favourite site for music has closed down. Oh well that is life. I have some sympathy when people are putting up recent music, but my peeve is that the music I want is 40-50 years old and impossible to buy as the business model being pursued by the industry is 30 years out of date. However, I still think they are pissing into the wind as those who want it will get around any barriers.


Petrol has dropped to around US$90 from the previous US$100 a barrel but - surprise,surprise - still nothing happening on the home front. They now say they need a"sustained period" of price stability but no problems in raising it within 24 hours of reaching the $100 peak.


KIPP - just better mention that he has started to walk and is going great guns. Also a picture of him in a not so happy mood when he saw Santa at Queensgate. I think he preferred his mother.