01 July 2010

Almost twittering

Twittering?? As I understand it (and I understand very little) almost instant posting is what they do with a Twitter account. Journalists were near the bottom of the recent trust list.
I wonder why?


They rarely ask the hard questions, let people get away with incorrect outrageous statements, English and grammar is poor, etc. What has got my goat tonight is the idiots at TV3 news who said that the Police Commissioner is to resign. They said it about 5 times - resign.

No he isn't. His contract ends soon and he said he is not asking for it to be renewed - it may be that the Government told him privately that they will not re-new it, but that is another matter - he is to retire from the position.

I am sure that if they use a dictionary (most probably haven't heard of one) they would see that Resign and Retire have different meanings.