16 April 2008

Netguide and the laptop letter

When we had the problem with our laptop that I ranted about in my blog of 27 February, I was so annoyed I decided to write to Netguide. My main reason was to warn people about following Microsofts recommendation to down load updates automatically.

Today I went to the Library and saw the latest copy - actually the May 2008 copy - it seems they date them a month ahead. I got it out and decided tonight to have a quick glance through and sudenly saw my name. They printed my letter. As one of the 4 printed I win a copy of a DVD - Beowulf!!!

Quite a surprise; but I hope people do read it and change their settings so they don't have the problems we had. I read in the N Z Herald last week 'Vistas endless reboot update bug allegedly squashed'. I noticed the word alledgedly - which doesn't give me confidence that they have indeed fixed it.