18 April 2008

More disasters

Seven Elim Christian College pupils dead from the flash flood at the at the Sir Edmund Hillary Outdoor Pursuits Centre is the latest tragedy following the fire at Hamilton. Life is full of risk and although I can understand Prime TV's reporter Kelly Swanson-Roe, who lost her husband in similar circumstances in Switzerland, I can't agree with her logic. She said these type of events are not freak accidents but we basically shouldn't take these types of risks. As an Ambassador for Outward Bound she seems to be contradicting herself. Under her logic we wouldn't cross the road.

Jobs are off to Mexico and Thailand (F & P) and India (ANZ Bank). I don't know what the answer is as we like our products and services to be cheap.

Just saw this. The next upside down year is 6009.

Well I remember the last one 1961 but don't think I will see the next - nor might anybody as Zager and Evans said

"In the year 2525, if man is still alive"