07 April 2008

Fire!! The ref as well!!


What a disaster and tragedy near Hamilton. As they say, it was almost like a nuclear explosion. I would assume an investigation will be underway shortly to try and find out exactly what happened.

Meantime daylight saving has come to an end and the clocks are all back an hour. For some reason I mentioned to Christine that it was certainly dark for 3.15 when she said it was really 4.15.
Idiot - I put my watch back two hours!!

Anyway, we have been extremely lucky with the weather only finally breaking into some rain just as we changed back. Rain we badly needed, but it is now all sunshine again, so that didn't last long.

Hurricanes -
What a refereeing farce on Friday night. He was out of his depth - not that the either the Sharks or the Hurricanes deserved to win and I think the draw summed up both teams. However, the taking out of Smith without the ball was at the very least a penalty (I thought a penalty try) although from my view Waldron didn't force the ball.

The 7's - the run has come to an end. I have probably said it before but the overwhelming population numbers and the black players coming through will mean the Boks will completely dominate Rugby into the future.

Have now booked our trip to South America. Now just have to find the $$$$.