16 April 2008

Double Jabs

As part of the going to South America bit, we have to have jabs for Yellow Fever and because of my age I needed a certificate saying it is alright for me to travel to the high altitude in Peru. So I went to the doctor and 'the Boss' said I should look at getting the free flue shot as they hadn't written to me as they did last year. She also suggested I look at getting a tetanus shot.

When did I last have a tetanus shot - who knows - probably in my Compulsory Military Training days when I was 20. So I went got the certificate and got two jabs - flue and tetanus but for the Yellow Fever it looks as if we will have to go to the Travel Doctor. Anyway, I've now got a couple of sore arms. When I asked about the free flue shots the doctor said they had decided not to write this time as they were overun last year ??? The logic defeats me.






Went to an Inner Wheel meeting last night about driving at our mature age.



This doesn't help. This picture was taken in Symonds Street, Auckland the other day. They either painted the two outside lane indicators round the wrong way or the right lane arrow should be showing a right turn.!!

Have taken some more pictures of Kipp so will upload these in the next enthralling episode of Waynes Writings.

All anybody could say about the Hurricanes is summed up in this Tom Scott cartoon -