02 April 2009

Daylight Saving

It is this weekend and they go BACK. I now remember by Forward at the front and Back at the end.

 

Simon & Garfunkel are coming to Auckland as part of a world reunion tour. All I have to do is win some tickets. And about winning, I hope the call yesterday about the competition, in which I was phoned to be advised I had won a prize; was it an April Fools joke?.  Why bother??

We took Rhett in to get his annual shots today and he is a bit dozy. Tomorrow we are going in to Wellington to see the Monet exhibition. 

About to go to bed and on in the background is the TV1 Pasific Island programme. They are going on about housing and people living in a garage. Two adults with 8 (eight!!) kids. They never ask the hard question - why do you continue to breed with no income and housing etc.

 I read that if a prisoner is on remand they are entitled to be brought before a Judge every 7 days but of course 99% just forgo the right as it won't change the remand.  However, double murderer Graham Burton, who lost a leg in a shootout, insists on this option. Costing us thousands as he has mobility problems and is dangerous.