08 March 2008

A bug and a busy Friday

A very busy Friday, but the day before I picked up a 24 hour bug, so was feeling a bit under the weather and not eating. As I had to go out all day and half the night on Friday I even took some pills, which I normally don't do. Was up half the night on Thursday, but thank heaven, Friday morning I felt a little better.

So I was able to attend a SeniorNet regional Meeting at Upper Hutt - about 32 of us there, and again I see that attendance was 80% male although our membership is about 70% female. It was illuminating that one Learning Centre was unable to get a Committee so they called a Special General Meeting to close down and soon got a Committee together, and a lot of people signing up for a course.

The day went well, although our Regional representative is not standing again and we are looking for a replacement and, as usual,nobody would put there name forward. And, as usual, I was asked but with Rotary etc I said, as usual, too much on but I suppose if push comes to shove and nobody else will do it I will reconsider.

After that meeting I was the Treasurer for a Te Omanga Hospice Golf Fund Raiser which didn't finish till around 10 that night and I still have to do the accounting side today. The fund raiser was a tremendous success with $10,000 raised. Naturally the weather was typically fine.

Being out I missed the Hurricanes game but again, as usual from the competitions Jekyll and Hyde team, Mr. Hyde turned up and from all reports it was terrible.