01 February 2008

Wellington IRB 7's



The Wellington Stadium and the Parade before the games began.

Note it is NOT the Cake Tin - an expression only used by Aucklanders.

The Rugby Wellington 7's are now underway this weekend. I went a couple of times a few years ago but I prefer the Rugby to the shenanigans so now I just watch it on TV.

Probably the biggest talking point has been the banning this year of those who want to wear the " Borat Uniform". They have also clamped down on things such as water pistols. Since it is not really Rugby but an "event" I suppose they should be a bit more relaxed.

Again for this event the weather is wonderful. I don't think it has ever rained over the years. I am keen to see if we can win this year as our usual practice has been to lose at home and win most of the away games.


A few random inages from the day, including - The Transformer. From the picture you can't really see how good it is. She (and it is a she) can walk with it then transform it into various configurations - brilliant.