22 February 2008

Fridays update about nothing

Just chugging along. We have a 50th Wedding Anniversary function to attend tonight. Means I will miss the Hurricanes game - if the performance was like last week then I won't miss much.

Sport Again - The Cricket was unbelievable. We had to go to our usual Wednesday quiz evening (came about 5th) and as we arrived the last ball was being bowled - 2 to win and 1 to tie. Sadly Dan Vettori couldn't quite do it so it was an incredible tie. Later on TV 3 News the graphics had it as a draw - it seems they don't know the difference between a tie and a draw!!
Continuing the sport -The Breakers have just had a win in the playoffs which is great. As I've said Basketball is not a sport I follow as I prefer one that is suitable for every body shape not just tall freaks.

Got to go to a SeniorNet meeting this morning about how to get more free publicity for the organisation to try and attract more members. Very difficult. Lots of ideas but the problem is getting people to volunteer to do the work, not only today but for a couple of years.

Films - Have watched two excellent ones recently.
Departed - a Martin Scorcese blockbuster and Inside Man a Spike Lee effort.

I first saw Inside Man on the plane when we were travelling to South Africa last year and was impressed but in a plane is not the ideal place to watch a clever film. Also watched Borat on the flight - that was a plane film. When I got back and saw Inside Man was coming up on Sky I taped it and it was only then I realised Spike Lee had Directed.

Weather continues its fine run and it looks like power cuts are looming. Where is our Nuclear Power Station???