22 August 2008

Mamma Mia

As I said yesterday, with a new battery we went to Mamma Mia today - although we took her car - to run up her battery?? - not really, just that it is cheaper using 91 fuel.

It was at the Embassy in Wellington which has been done up for when the the Lord of the Rings Premiere was held. The last time I went to the Embassy I think was when Christine and I went when we were single - My Fair Lady I think. I may have been since, but can't remember it.

The film - wasn't too bad as I like Abba and during any excruciating parts I just closed my eyes and listened to the music,. As for the stars singing who couldn't sing, with the 'tweeking' of their voices in the studio and the big backing effect they weren't too bad.

As for the battery; when we were rescued by the AA we arranged for them to come to the house to put in the new one. As he was carrying out the installation, our neighbour, Barbara came over. She said the same thing had happened to her a couple of days earlier and it was the same guy from the AA. However, her battery had only lasted 3 years.

No more medals but overall we can be satisfied and we
have Kipp tomorrow.