08 December 2010

I don't believe it !!

Not much blogging - busy, busy, busy and so much to say but no time to say it (and the other day when speaking to Kipp on the phone I couldn't get a word in!!) ....BUT .....talk about lightning striking and the 3 times lucky proverb .....


It has struck 3 times .........





I am not unlucky but ..........

Luck. An hour or so ago I had just got back from the SeniorNet Tutors Xmas morning tea. There was a message on the answerphone which Christine played. The message wanted me to ring the DomPost which I did. I thought I must have won tickets to the Rugby 7's although it was in the back of my mind with them giving away about a 100 tickets would they ring everybody.

I was wrong.

It was the trip to Beijing!!!!

What - Fiji, Vietnam and now China. What can I say except bloody unbelievable!!


It was funny but,with the other trips won, plus the one we have to pay for (how sad - although it is costing an arm and a leg) to Turkey/Russia in 2011, I did read the rules thinking was it worth entering as if we won, could we take it. I think it said we have until the end of 2011 so I thought it would be OK. But I never thought I would win.

So since I've been entering competitions we have won trips to Australia twice, Fiji, Vietnam and now China.

Other matters: Cricket - again how sad. The Poms thrashed the Aussies but in the meantime the Black Caps are being thrashed by India.

Rugby - Ritchie and the AB's basically won all the IRB's awards.

Raffle - sales nothing like last year but on a par with the previous year. It is the weather. If it is good the sales fall off - bad weather brings people into Malls.