12 September 2010

Me

Me - yes me. Went to the doctor as I was having a few chest pains on the left side, which is the alarm bells side. Had to have a couple of ECG's which revealed my left ventricle is larger than it should be due to high blood pressure. So I am now taking pills - one every day - for the first time in my life. I suppose at approaching 70 it was due, as I know very few people who aren't on some type of pill. Need to exercise (walk) more.

Rugby: AB's 24 Oz 23. I would have preferred they lost (which if Giteau had kicked even at 50% they would have) as they deserved to do so as they were not the best team on the field. Plus I am afraid they will now get overconfident. They will go to the Northern Hemisphere and as only the French have any real ability they will probably win easily and think they are simply the best. I hope not.

Politics: Jim Anderton now says he will resign from Parliament if he wins the Christchurch Mayoralty. Well he has now come to his semi-senses so instead we will have a By-Election at a cost to the taxpayer of over a million dollars. Oh well he will think, it is only the taxpayers money - they have plenty.
The good news of course is that Parker will win easily (one would hope). They say often from the bad comes the good. It means Anderton (who they say was 20 points ahead in the polls - why I can't fathom) will go down the gurgler and save us a million bucks and we will all be better prepared for the next big one.

Always back up: In my post of 27 August I said how our small External Hard Drive had problems and we thought we had lost it. The good news is that when our Guru took it home it booted up OK. Christine thought it may have fixed itself when the power was turned off. Anyway we have now bought a new 2TB machine and will back up fanatically - I hope!