30 September 2010

1970

The past: I was volunteering at the Hutt Expo today when a woman walked up to me (I had my name tag on) and asked me if I remembered her. It turns out we worked together for a couple of years in 1970.

What!!! Forty years ago. I couldn't remember her except the surname rang a bell somewhere in the back of my mind. It was great just thinking back and reminiscing.

Expo: The Expo was alright although less exhibitors but the real downer was the weather. It has been terrible.

Other matters - Delhi seems to have come right and we again came 4th in the Quiz..
In the Rugby the other night there was a terrific but really hard tackle. Next minute we see the Refs arm up for a short arm penalty. The commentators went berserk; it was a great hard legal tackle. Then they replayed it a couple of times and roundly criticized the Ref. I like them was disgusted that a penalty could have been given.

Then the laconic Maori voice of Rua Tupoki came on " I think he has awarded a mark, eh"

Duh - we are all thick.