29 September 2010

Blogging and Change - why?

Blogger: Only 3 certain things in life - death, taxes and bloody change. I went to a friends place to show him how to start a Blog at blogger. I haven't looked at that side for several months as we have had no one wanting to do it at SeniorNet and my Blog just operates as always.

But I find it has all been changed (seemingly for changes sake as usual). It must be if you have the old Blog then that continues but any newcomers get the new version. Easy for them but it means the Course has to be re-written (and of course all the books written about it are now wrong).

I call it the Microsoft disease. If it is on the left move it to the right then two years later put it back on the left again!!

Madness.

But - I see they now have some statistics that give some information about where people who are visiting the blog are coining from which is interesting. Somehow I don't think that I have fans in places like China, Latvia and Moldova. By accident some US - UK may have stumbled across it. As for Australia - Nil. Hmmmmm.
United States
163
New Zealand
129
Canada
37
Ukraine
14
China
12
France
11
United Kingdom
8
Singapore
5
Latvia
3
Moldova
3



My Soundsold music blog has the following figures.

Australia

231

United States

213

New Zealand

185

United Kingdom

122

Netherlands

84

Germany

38

Canada

33

Latvia

30

Belgium

26

Denmark

24

I can understand that visitors from Latvia looking for music could find it but I still think it is spammers. I know the Belgium visitor is a chap who has a site there who has contacted me and I know I have some 'fans' in OZ.

Fiji competition: Got the vouchers for that BUT - as usual some stuff ups. The competition rules said you had until September next year to take it. Looking at the weather we thought May 2011. But although the hotel expires in September the air tickets expire in March. Emailed them. They no nothing and suggested we contact the airline. They are all hopeless. Our ex next door neighbours won a fridge but it took months to arrive as they had run out of stock . Why didn't they buy the prizes before they ran the competition??

CD Player: Got our CD player back and it seems to be working OK. The laser beam needed cleaning. So that is good news.

The Quizmaster: Rotary are going to run another quiz and I will be the Quizmaster. I was told the last lot of questions I set were too hard!! I didn't think so although I put in about one per round that was quite difficult but ones I thought were interesting. I suppose it is what you get used to.