05 May 2009

Can they do it?

Rugby: The Hurricanes I mean. After demolishing the Blues, next on the radar are the Chiefs who had a great win in South Africa.  This would seem to be the game of the season - so far -  as they could yet meet again in the semi's or the final.

Current plans are for our Rotary group to go to the semi-final if the Hurricanes make it and it is at home - home being the Stadium. 

Meantime in the UK they had a semi-final (Leicester - Cardiff) in keeping with their style - a Soccer style goal kicking 'kickout'  What a farce. I suppose Leicester won't be worried as they won but something else has to be done. I favour dropping say 3 loose forwards off and first to score wins. 

Soundsold: Had an email from Holland about this music blog I run asking to link to me. Wow !! Holland. He picked me up through Grumpy's Golden Oldies who I have sent 3/4 songs that people were looking for. 

SeniorNet: We are looking for new premises so have been quite busy with that. The other night a local MP Chris Hipkins (Labour) spoke at Rotary. He is very good; I went to a Grey Power meeting before the election and he impressed then. I mentioned that the new funding system introduced by the last Government was costing the taxpayer at least $150,000 per annum for us alone - apart from the many other groups. Governments can certainly waste $$$ - then again it is not their $$$ - it is ours!!