31 October 2007

La vien rose


Went to see the film La vien rose about Edith Piaf last week. Found it reasonable in the story line, but it had too much flashback for me so it became a little disjointed. However the acting was a different story, particularly that of Marion Cotillard as Piaf. She was extraordinary. I noticed it seemed to gloss over the war period.

To sum up the state of the Hollywood film industry, I got my better half 10 film tickets for Xmas 2006. This gave entry to our local multiplex and since then we have only attended two films - one French as above, and the other being "The Queen" - British. So three films to go. At the present rate it will be 2009 before we use them.

And Hollywood wonders why they are not getting the patrons.

The new Cabinet was announced today. Was Trev really demoted. Watch for a comeback if the win the next election. Almost as important was the announcement of the Super 14 teams. I will have to study them before commenting.