28 February 2007

A CD winner and Go Large Broadband

CD Winner - Just been up to see our grandson and was driving into the garage and listening to one of my two favourite radio stations, The Coast, (the other being Radio NZ). They were playing Caribbean by Mitchell Torok - coincidentally one of the songs I have uploaded on this site.

I was just saying as we pulled in that they were playing a really great tune when they asked listeners to phone through with the name of the singer to win a CD.


Always in the past whenever I have rung it has been overloaded. However I thought I would have a go - rushed in, phoned up, got through - and won. I think the name probably defeated most people as it is not a well known song.

Have just uploaded a new song - Kyu Sakamoto singing Sukiyaki. I understand the name of the song has nothing to do with the words within it. It was just named that as they thought it would be easier to sell to the West. Which it did. Sadly Kyu died in an airplane crash. The link is

http://www.box.net/public/lv9oyybb9r but I have had problems uploading as it would not copy from Box.net and paste into Blogger so I put it into Word and then copied and pasted. But the link does not seem to have taken so will probably look at deleting it.

Go Large Broadband - I am to get some dollars back from Telecom as they fouled up (unbeknown to them they say!!!!) the Go Large Broadband plan I am on. Trying to upload to box.net has been a trial. The upload speed is so slow. Had a couple of Telecom people around the other day to discuss their "service" and I certainly told them of their shortcomings.

However, as with most monopolies, I do not expect any change.

No comments: