18 June 2010

Guess who - again!

Telecom: I have an old email address at myrealbox.com but I have let it expire as I have moved to GMail. I check it every 6 months or so to see if anything comes in and then tell them the new email address or unsubscribe.

By chance I went in the other day. I last checked it about 3 months ago and lo and behold an email from Telecom telling me that the 'Big Time' plan I am on will end (which I have commented in my blog of 20 May).

Why the hell they have gone back to this when they have contacted me via the Xtra account several times over the past 12 months is beyond understanding. So I emailed them. A waste of time as they sent back the usual automated message that I was wasting my time and should phone them.

I did. About 4 phone calls and a waste of an hour as, from the accent, I got sent to Manila, back to NZ, back to Manila etc. Being left on hold for 10 - 15 minutes at a time and getting cut off is just par for the course. They must easily be the worst corporate in the country (maybe the world).

I told them it is simple. Investigate the problem and get back to me every 24 hours if it takes longer. No - impossible; can't do that. Customer service is beyond them.


I still don't know if they have fixed it. Who knows as they basically promised nothing except they would 'escalate' the problem. Will you get back to me? Not really as 'I will escalate it"

I give in - for now.

Meantime I did as they said for our Laptop to Desktop connection and updated the Ethernet Driver. Made no difference so I will get our fixit man out to see if he can overcome it. Why I should have to pay for their incompetence is ..........!!!