19 April 2010

SNHC and money

SeniorNet: We had a Regional Meeting last Friday which we organised. Another great day and all went well with about 35 attending. The Retirement Commissioner spoke as they are supporting SeniorNet. I thought it might have been a bit of a Ho Hum affair, but to the contrary. Very interesting and she received a lot of questions. I have diarised to see if she could be a speaker at our AGM.

Money: When we were at Sarahs I read in the Hutt News about a Business Expo being held at the Town Hall and that what I thought was $200 worth of advertising could be won.

As it was quiz night,
we called in on the way to Sarahs and I entered what turned out to be a $1000 of free advertising. I entered for SNHC and Christine for Rotary.

And SNHC won. Wow - got quite excited as it will certainly help. As for the Quiz - it was not a good night, but he got at least three answers wrong (he thinks Texas has more people than California - only out by 12 million!!). Useless.