26 August 2009

Frustration

I thought this was funny and appropriate.

Yes frustration: I am involved with a group (a couple in fact) that had to register under the Charities Act. It means some changes in procedure which I have no problem with as to me it seems straight forward but others don't see it so simply. The other night what was a 5-10 second matter - a Resolution that I had put and had been passed wasn't Minuted correctly and I pointed this out - then it degenerated into a talk fest. At the end nothing was achieved as they proceeded to debate the Resolution again.

Not thinking straight we talked on and on when I should have said (which I pointed out to the President & Secretary the next day) was that as I had put the motion it had to go into the Minutes as I said and if they wanted to debate or rescind it later, that was a debate for later. The minutes had to be corrected. There were a couple of other matters but they were minor.
So the last Minutes remain outstanding!! Anyway it will be solved at the next meeting - I hope.

Petrol cap: Got in the car yesterday and as I pulled out of the garage I could smell petrol. I thought I would investigate before driving off and found the petrol cap had been stolen. So further frustration as I had to spend $18 on a new one. No fuel had been siphoned so I don't know what was going on. I couldn't have left it off myself as I last filled up about 2 weeks ago.

Oz frustration: They must be frustrated on the sports front. Lost the Rugby by one point with 30 seconds to go;lost the Ashes and now got beaten by us in the Basketball. How sad!!

House sitting: Getting closer to Joe & Sarah and the kids departure when we will be house sitting while they are away.