23 November 2007

Its only our money

Just back from seeing the play I mentioned in the previous blog. It was excellent.

Its only money - especially when its not theirs.

I was clearing a P O Box for an organisation I belong to and inside was a leaflet from the Labour Department telling the Boxholders what the holiday dates for 2008 are. Good grief. Can't firms and people find this out for themselves. As they have probably sent a copy to every Post Office Box holder in the country plus they would have had a team to design the form, I suppose we wouldn't have got any change from $250,000. But of course they would say, it is only a infitisimal amount when taking into account the Departments total budget.

As a taxpayer I say "every cent counts"

I see that Auckland City Council have come to an agreement over their logo - on top of the estimated $1 million wasted only about another $50,000 down the drain!!