02 September 2007

Xtra Bubble - or should that be Booble!!

Well you can tell you are back home when everything is back to "normal" - just another Telecom "upgrade, enhance and improve" shambles. Cue Tui advert time - what a debacle.

Nothing worked and couldn't register for "Booble" and of course they only answer their "Help" desk if you have several hours to wait. So I emailed them and to their credit they phoned me. He went through the explanation of how everything would be better in a few days (weeks??) and give me a whole lot of free services I don't need or want.

However, of course I couldn't register anyway so I was told to wait a few days.

But as usual it got worse. Found out from others that emails were missing and as I had heard nothing about this from Telecom emailed them again. Their response this time was to ignore the questions and send a whole lot of useless links. Emailed again. They re-sent the same useless info. Emailed again telling them to read the questions. This time they did respond differently - but with some different useless info.

So as usual with this outfit you have to do it yourself.

I found I could now register and then after searching and digging around as well as reading all the stuff at the N Z Herald from the thousands of annoyed customers I found how to locate all my missing emails. Talking to others it would seem every person has different problems and Telecom doesn't seem interested in advising a list of the problems and how to fix them .

Oh for decent unfettered competition.