18 September 2007

The Cup runneth over

And so it does with more games than my brain can stay awake for. So that is one good thing about a Hard Drive Recorder I just tape up to 6 hours at a time and then make a decision from the result/what I read/hear/see on the morning news etc if I should watch it. Even then I watch part of some games in Fast Forward.

I think Georgia are the team I admire the most. The League people would hate it as they are not pretty and no "airy fairy" stuff. Just one game plan - drive it up the middle and if it goes to the First Five then boot it!! However it is effective from their point of view and it gave Ireland the hurry up.

The Phoenix, the Wellington soccer team, are to host the Galaxy Club with David Beckham at a cost of $2 million. I wouldn't cross the road to see him and I don't care but if I was a Wellington ratepayer then I would be concerned as they are to pay part of the bill. If it is such a good deal then why not let The Phoenix carry the can. I think it is $$$ down the gurgler.

Local Body elections are coming up and I suppose the usual pathetic voter turnout.

What is it with democracy that when you have it, you don't care, and when you don't, people have to die to get it.

Anyway I know a couple of people standing and will of course, as always, make sure my ballot is cast.