07 October 2010

Count down in more ways than one

Almost away: Oz here we come. First for a week in Brisbane to stay with my brother and his wife then using our Air Points its off to Perth. We will have the boys on Saturday and I plan to take them to the Mall to see Ronald McDonald. Hope the like him more than when we took them to see Mr Bump who is also on at the Mall during the School Holidays. Monty was frightened and Kipp was not impressed mainly because the music was too loud.

A dick: Another upset from TVNZ's Paul Henry. After criticising the Governor General he then went on about the name of Sheila Dikshit. I accept the words about the GG not being a real Kiwi, as he is of Indian/Fijian descent, was wrong as the GG like the Queen cannot really answer back and my view is that if you are a citizen then you are a Kiwi - it doesn't depend on how long you have been here. Some Maori argue that - they seem to think because their ancestors have been here longer than others then they are more of a Kiwi. That is rubbish.

As for the Dikshit incident.

I have now only seen the episode on the news and Paul as usual went over the top. However, the Indian Government have got an apology from the Government. Maybe they should be told we live in a democracy and people can say what they like within the law. It is called freedom of speech and the Government here doesn't, can't and shouldn't control what we say. If the don't like it - tough.

I liken Paul to the US shock-jock Howard Stern. When they looked at his ratings they found the people who disliked him the most listened the most.

It is human nature and I am no different.

Stephen Jones the Welsh, but English supporting Times of London Rugby writer, upsets me with all his rubbish criticism about the All Blacks and Southern Hemisphere teams but I love reading his rants and raves. I also defend his right to write such rubbish.