10 August 2010

A Key meeting tomorrow

A Key visit: Going to the Grey Power meeting tomorrow where John Key is speaking. Will be the first time I will have seen him up close. I wonder if we will be able to ask questions. The problem with that is that they could go on forever.

Rugby Reunion: Following on from the win at the quiz I won the email of the week (I get the Sky Sport magazine for a year) on Rugby Reunion. I wanted to tape it but I set it for the wrong channel!!! Grrrr.

Anyway I thought I would be in with a chance as my idea is simple and sensible. For a player sent off with a red card, he stays off but after 10 minutes a new player can come on. They (the team and player) are punished at the time (the player also will face the Commissioner after the game) but the team and the fans are not wholly punished because of the insane actions of one idiot.

On the program they didn't agree but I am sure Sky would just love the RWC Final to turn into a farce if a couple of players from the same team were sent off within 10 minutes of the start.

Genesis and Power Companies: Just completed a Consumer online Survey of power companies. As it happened (as usual) just after that Genesis sent us a letter that they would be turning off our power for 30 minutes when they installed a new meter. They gave us a few days window of when it would happen an advised us to turn off any 'sensitive' electrical items. We were out and they just came and did it with any notice. Pathetic.

Apples: The WTO has ruled again in our favour about exporting apples to Australia. Some people think just because they have to let our apples in that they will. They are Australians - they don't give a damn. The pathetic response from us was that they got a WTO ruling that we had to let their honey and stupidly we did. We should have said we will let it in the day they let our apples in. I know we shouldn't lower ourselves to their level but stuff them!!

Welfare: A 'Task Force' has reported. An idea that John Howard in Australia came up with was that they keep a Diary of what they do each day. The usual outcry from the do-gooders and he couldn't get it through. I think it is a good idea.