06 October 2009

Catch up

Been so busy lately haven't had time to update (and don't really have time now) but .....

Tsunami: NZ Civil Defence was up to its usual standard - they gave themselves a C+ but I would think the rest of us would give them an F+. And as for the help for Samoa; again you would wonder what takes the time to get organised and also what idiot is running some of our companies. Both Air NZ & Jet Star said tourists still had to travel up to the disaster zone but as usual backed off when confronted by the media.

UK Trip Photos: They are back OK from the UK and I will load up some of the photos shortly. Kipp seemed to have really enjoyed himself. As for Monty - he is becoming a giant!!

Crime: The usual idiots are running the Courts. Somebody is deliberately killed - but of course it is manslaughter- and he gets 3 years (the Crown it seems will not appeal - only the crooks appeal) and the MP Philip Field for his fraud gets 6 years. A man who faked his own death and really didn't do a great deal of harm except his wife unbeknown to her benefited from the Insurance Policy got 2 years. The message is clear - murder is below money.

Blogger: It has changed the set up again. They seem to be taking a leaf from Microsoft's book. Why the hell they don't leave well alone is beyond me.

Telecom: Have sent me a letter saying that the current Broadband scheme is to end. Why do I get a sinking feeling in my stomach that it will be a disaster. Of course the price is to go up - that is a real surprise - but they will give me a $30 discount. But hold on, if I take up the plan they are touting and I am a new customer I would get a $60 discount!!!

Again what marketing idiots think this rubbish up - treat your customers as crap. The last time I dealt with them it was an 8 hour saga that never got solved. We shall see.